8/5/14

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - ,

Down to the lake.

Grey duck
The lake's beautiful Grey Duck.



Nelson lakes is a lovely birding spot!  Walking in the forest you get a sniff of the Honeydew on the beech trees. The black-billed gulls are great to photograph as they will come quite close.
 Today I visited and there were only 4 black-billed gulls. Two in the air and two on the jetty. The two on the dock were a strange pair, at first they got along OK and one was being territorial.Then the other one started too, and that's when the other one grabbed her neck and held her for about 12-30 seconds.

Magpies on a tree next door



There were also some beautiful ducks and a Little
shag. I took some beautiful photos of the Mallards but none of the Grey ducks, so I used one I took last time I was there.
A happy couple; Well not quite

Brave. A one legged Mallard protected by her mate.

Kings' purse fungi a purple, ball shaped fungi
Kings purse