7/26/14

Saturday, July 26, 2014 -

Totally tea tree at Teetotal Flats

taken in February 
26 July 
Teetotal is one of my favorite birding spots . It is mostly tea tree and grass with a pond, an ice skating rink and a waste water plant. The pond is great for birds, many shags and herons do their fishing there. The waste water plant always has plenty of ducks on it and often a swallow or two. I'm think the ice skating rick would get more ducks in it if it was deeper. Black shags, white herons, little shags (see photo), and skylarks are just a few of the birds that make this place interesting. It is close and I can also take my dog there.

                                                                                                               P.S I call the heron Herbert. 
White Heron


 photo taken in February