2/8/15

Sunday, February 08, 2015 -

Teetotal Flats - A revist


My 50th Post!!!!!!
I'm half way to a hundred
 It wasn't really a revisit. No, seriously it was for Shadow. I wasn't even birding(much).

I wasn't practising photography either. I had all the settings on auto, which is not that unusual, But I could not see the LCD screen and my camera has not got a sight. Some the settings that were on auto probably should not have been.

 The most interesting birds were four Magpie and a juvenile female Paradise Shelduck. The juv. parrie is the first juvenile female I've seen of that species.



I really want to see all the New Zealand mainland Duck  species before I'm 13. So far I've seen Paradise Shelduck, Mallard, Grey Duck, Australasian Shoveler, Grey teal, Brown Teal, and New Zealand Scaup.  That means I've got three to go: Blue Duck, Chestnut-Breasted Shelduck and...
...................................................................................................................................................................
Muscovy.

P.S if I don't see them by the time I'm 13 then I'll move it up to 15.