11/4/14

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 -

Yearly Report




                Yearly Report                       The Starling box I put up last year is now             occupied.I've now started a Bird Journal. I've           certainly improved on my Birding! 
  Earlier in the year I went over the Strait. The pictures of the Decoy Kestel and Grey teal were taken at  Pauatahanui Inlet(Link here.) I also saw many other bird such as Shags, Heron, Shoveler, and many more. It was a great place to bird.
 The other Wellington visit photos where take at Somes Island and on the Interislander.  
          
                  
Australian Shoveler(wild) at Animal Farm, Nelson. 




Grey Duck

Lake Rotoroa

New Zealand Wood Pigeon( Kereru)

NZ Scalp
Wellington visit


Grey Teal Pauatahanui Inlet
Spotted shag 

 At Home
Fantail home
Sisie, the American racing pigeon visiting our house

Redpoll

 I'm Going to be monitoring a Starling nest box. I hope to see their eggs and watch them fledging. And of course I will continue birding round the house and at my patch!
 I have many other things I would like to do. Like Project Native Nestling( more about that in a later post). I would Love to see bird banding!
 I will continue to improve the pond. Of course that's If we are still here. Our house is for sale so we may be moving. It would be very hard to leave.
 
P.S Sisie was the racing pigeon that visited.